Please Celebrate July 4th Responsibly – Know When to Call 911

Sponsored Links

Lane County, Ore. – Please bear in mind that it is never appropriate to call 911 for fireworks unless someone has been injured or property is actively being damaged by them. 911 is meant exclusively for reporting any immediate threat to life or property.


This is one of the busiest weekends of the year for several of our agencies and if you call, you may experience extended hold times. Lower-level calls may take longer to get to such as noise complaints and concerns of illegal fireworks.

Sponsored Links


If you need to report a non-emergency crime like a noise complaint, suspicious person or activity, illegal fireworks, or any crimes that are not in progress please call one of the below listed business lines as appropriate:


Reporting In-Progress Illegal Fireworks:

Sponsored Links

Eugene 541.682.5111, or Springfield: 541.726.3714




(Credit to Willamette Valley Communications Center 911 for their social media post on this, which EPD used as the basis for their message)

Sponsored Links



Michael Weber
Michael Weber
Michael Weber is Lane County's go to source for crime news and information and runs the largest Facebook group in Lane County (Lane County Mugshots Uncensored) at over 71,000 members. Please help support keeping this local journalism alive, if you can, with a donation. Venmo: @Michael-Weber-379

Latest articles

Sponsored Links

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

In the news...