Eugene, OR – The Eugene Police Department has once again been awarded the DUII High Visibility Enforcement Overtime grant that will begin on December 15 and continue throughout New Year’s Day.
This grant enables the department to staff DUII patrols above the normal strength during the period of high visibility to ensure enough officers available to identify, stop and process impaired drivers. Impaired driving continues to be a significant and preventable problem in our community, and there are several things you can do to help:
* Before drinking, choose a non-drinking friend as a designated driver.
* Don’t let your friends drive impaired.
* If you have been drinking, call a taxi or ride service.
* If you’re hosting a party where alcohol will be served, make sure all guests leave with a sober driver.
* Always wear your seat belt—it’s your best defense against impaired drivers.
* Drivers who suspect dangerous or possible DUII drivers are encouraged to call 911 to support this effort.
DUII PSA (animated)
(Information directly from E.P.D.)