Lane County, Ore. – This is the story of how being released on bail from Michigan, and mistaken identity in Oregon, lead up to a murder in Lane County, Oregon.
We present this story as two timelines that show what we have found out at this time about ANDREW PAUL GERONIMI, the man accused of murder and more in the August 9th, 2021 burglary near Pleasant Hill. First his Oregon timeline, then his timeline in Michigan.
His Oregon timeline, as far as we have discovered, at this time.
1) Geronimi was arrested in Albany, Oregon on 07/24/2021 for second degree trespass. We do not have a release
date for this arrest. We have no case number for this arrest.
Albany Police never returned a call for more information on this arrest. The name used for this arrest was Frederick Paul Johnson. his age was listed as 35 for this booking.
2) Geronimi is arrested in Lane County by LCSO on 8/4/2021, and then booked into the Lane County Jail on 8/5/2021 as GEORGE MICHAEL SMITH. The charges were, Criminal Trespass in the Second Degree, Giving False Information to a Peace Officer, Theft in the Third Degree – 1.
Later, he was determined to be Frederick Paul Johnson. Probably due to his Albany arrest. Court record show he appeared as Johnson for court on the one charge of Giving False Information to Peace Officer In Connection with a Citation/Warrant. He was released from the Lane County Jail on 8/6/2021. Court case # 21CR37972. This case is still pending.
3) 8/9/2021, Geronimi is arrested as Geronimi for the Pleasant Hill/HWY 58 burglary. He is charged with murder 1, attempted murder x2, assault in the first degree, burglary 1, and arson 1*. Geronimi was booked into the Lane County Jail that day. *The arson 1 charge to this case was added on 08/31/2021. Court case # 21CR38528.
4) 8/13/2021 a charge of Arson in the first degree is added to his charges. This is a different case from the Pleasant Hill case. This charge shows the Eugene Police Department as the agency, and their case number for this is, 21-12268. This case was never filed on.
5) On 8/23/2021 the Lane County court records of Frederick Paul Johnson are amended to show that he is actually Andrew Paul Geronimi.
6) Geronimi is currently an inmate in the Lane County Jail.
7) Geronimi’s trial is currently scheduled for 01/10/2023 in Lane County Circuit Court.
Here is the timeline of Geronimi in Michigan, prior to coming to Oregon.
1) Geronimi is arrested following a domestic violence hostage situation Jan. 19, 2021 in Norway, Michigan. He is booked and charged with:
One count of unlawful imprisonment, punishable by up to 15 years in prison One count of felonious assault, punishable by up to 4 years in prison Two counts of assaulting, resisting, obstructing police, punishable by up to 2 years in prison.
2) Feb 16, 2021 Andrew Paul Geronimi (still in jail) pleaded not guilty to all of the charges.
His pre-trial hearing, at that time, was scheduled for March 15 in Dickinson County Circuit Court, Michigan.
His bond was set at $15,000 cash or surety, but Dickinson County Prosecutor Lisa Richards told news that because he has a different domestic violence charge against him, he isn’t actually able to bond out.
3) According to Dickinson County Circuit Court, Geronimi posted his $15,000 bond on March 18, and was released.
4) Court officials said Geronimi was unable to be contacted by his attorney when he didn’t appear for a court hearing, so a bench warrant was issued for his arrest on May 21, 2021.
5) July 24th, 2021 Geronimi is arrested in Albany, Oregon using the name Frederick Paul Johnson.
(Information from Oregon jail records, Oregon court records, Michigan newspapers, and Michigan court records)